Sunyoung Hlee is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Technological Economics and Strategic Management, the School of Management and Economics, at Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing, China. She received her Bachelor in Public Administration from EWHA University and received her Ph.D. degree in Tourism Management from Tourism and Hospitality College, Kyung Hee University, South Korea. She had worked as research professor in Smart Tourism Research Center (STRC), Kyung Hee University. Her research includes big data & business analytics, smart city, service design, and ICT related hospitality and tourism marketing. Her works are published in Telematics and Informatics, Journal of Travel Research, Industrial Management & Data Systems, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, International Journal of Hospitality Management, International Journal of Information Management and Journal of Vacation Marketing.
· Big data & Business Analytic and AI Applications in tourism and creative industries related studies
· Consumer behaviors and decision-making process related to advanced information technologies
· Smart tourism and technology mediated contents (e.g., AR, VR and Metaverse)
1. Hlee, S., Lee, H., Koo, C., & Chung, N. (2021). Fake Reviews or Not: Exploring the relationship between time trend and online restaurant reviews. Telematics and Informatics, 59, 101560. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tele.2020.101560. (First author, ISI Indexed: SSCI, JCR Q1, IF=4.139)
2. Hlee, S. (2020). How reviewer level affects review helpfulness and reviewing behavior across hotel classifications: the case of Seoul in Korea. Industrial Management & Data Systems, 121(6), 1191-1215. (Single author, ISI Indexed: SSCI, ABDC A, JCR Q2, IF=3.329)
3. Hlee, S., Lee, J., Moon, D., and Yoo, C. (2017). The acceptance of 'intelligent trade shows': Visitors' evaluations of IS innovation. Information Systems Frontiers, 19(4), 717-729. DOI 10.1007/s10796-016-9703-5. (First author, ISI Indexed: SSCI, ABDC A, JCR Q1, IF=3.71)
4. Kim, J. Y., Hlee, S., and Joun, Y. (2016). Green practices of the hotel industry: Analysis through the windows of smart tourism system. International Journal of Information Management, 36(6), 1340-1349. (Co-author, ISI Indexed: SSCI, ABDC A*, JCR Q1, IF=8.21)
5. Jo, H., Chung, N., Hlee, S., & Koo, C. (2021). Perceived Affordances and Regret in Online Travel Agencies. Journal of Travel Research, 00472875211014962. (Co-author, ISI Indexed: SSCI, ABDC A*, JCR Q1, IF=10.31)
6. Hlee, S., Lee, H., Koo, C., & Chung, N. (2021). Will the relevance of review language and destination attractions be helpful? A data-driven approach. Journal of Vacation Marketing, 27(1), 61-81. (First author, ISI Indexed: SSCI, ABDC A, JCR Q3, IF=2.05)
7. Lee, H., & Hlee, S. (2021). The Intra-and Inter-Regional Economic Effects of Smart Tourism City Seoul: Analysis Using an Input-Output Model. Sustainability, 13(7), 4031. (Corresponding author, ISI Indexed: SSCI, JCR Q2, IF=2.567)
8. Hlee, S., Lee, J., Yang, S. B., & Koo, C. (2019). The moderating effect of restaurant type on hedonic versus utilitarian review evaluations. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 77, 195-206. (First author, ISI Indexed: SSCI, ABDC A*, ABS 3, IF=6.701)
9. Hlee, S., Lee, H. and Koo, C. (2018). Hospitality and Tourism Online Review Research: A Systematic Analysis and Heuristic-Systematic Model. Sustainability, 10(4). doi:10.3390/su10041141 (First author, ISI Indexed: SSCI, JCR Q2, IF=2.567)
10. Yang, SB. Hlee, S., Lee, J., and Koo, C. (2017). An empirical examination of online restaurant reviews on Yelp.com: a dual coding theory perspective. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 29(2). 817-839. (Co-author, ISI Indexed: SSCI, ABDC A, ABS 3, JCR Q1, IF=5.667)
11. Hlee, S., Yhee, Y., Chung, N., & Koo, C. (2019). # Service Innovation by Design Thinking Methods: A Case of Seoul Children's Grand Park (SCGP). E-review of Tourism Research, 17(2). (First author, ISI Indexed: SCOPUS)
12. Koo, C, Chung, N, Kim, D., and Hlee, S. (2016). The Impact of Destination Website and Cultural Exposure: A Comparison Study of Experienced and Inexperienced Travelers. International Journal of Tourism Cities, 2(1), 1-16. (Co-author, ISI Indexed: SCOPUS)
1. Book Chapter of ‘Smart Tourism City II’ (Service Design, 2021, Kyung Hee University Publications. (In Korean)
2. Book Chapter of ‘Smart Tourism City I’ (Sharing Economy), 2019, Kyung Hee University Publications. (In Korean)
3. Writing NCS (National Competency Standards) Learning Modules (Event Planning), 2014, Korea MICE Association. (In Korean)
ACADEMIC DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITES
1. Kim, T., & Hlee, S. (2021). Does Metaverse Improve the Effectiveness of Trade Show?. Korea Management Information Society Conference, 235-238.
2. Hlee, S., Yhee, Y., Chung, N., & Koo, C. (2020). How reviewer level and hotel rating affect review helpfulness of online reviews in small and medium-sized hotels-the case of Seoul. TOSOK International Conference, 87, 355-358.
3. Hlee, S. (2019). The Research Trends of Tourism and Hospitality Online Reviews. TOSOK International Conference, 85, 200-202.
4. Chung, N., Jo, H., Hlee, S., & Koo, C. (2019). Exploring the determinants of cognitive dissonance in online travel agencies: The moderating effect of regulatory focus. TOSOK International Conference, 86, 198-198. Hlee, S., Lee, J., Yang, S. B., & Koo, C. (2016). An empirical examination of online restaurant reviews (Yelp. com): moderating roles of restaurant type and self-image disclosure. In Information and communication technologies in tourism 2016 (pp. 339-353).
5. Hlee, S., Lee, J., Chung, N., & Koo, C. (2015). The Antecedents of Business Collaboration and its Consequences in an Exhibition Context: Perspective of Exhibitors. TOSOK International Conference, 78(4), 433-460.
6. Hlee, S., Chung, N., & Koo, C. (2015, August). Connected IT Usage and Trade Show Effectiveness: Developing to Smart Trade Show. In Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Electronic Commerce 2015 (pp. 1-8).